uugetty question.

   Date: Tue, 8 Feb 94 19:03 PST
   From: "James A. Robinson" <jimr@simons-rock.edu>

   A quick question, does anyone know if the uugetty program is set up to
   look in /var/lock for lock files? It *seems* to be interferring with
   my Seyon when uucp is activated, but I am not sure where the problem
   lies.

Hmm.  I remember announcing that Debian would be using /var/lock back
in December... I'm almost sure that it does, but I'll be sure to check
before I release 0.92.

Another possibility is lock file format.  One program could be writing
ASCII lock files, and another could be expecting binary.  I need to
deal with that in kermit (which uses binary by default).  I believe
UUCP uses ASCII, so that is what should be used.  (Correct me if I'm
wrong here...)

Ian Murdock <imurdock@shell.portal.com>