Re: two issues: ssh and 2.2.9 kernel

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> > 2.2.9 seems to have fixed the high load problem.  However, there
> > definately *is* still a problem with gmp2 2.0.2-6.2 and ssh
> > 1.2.26-1.2.  As Ivan reported, it hangs on boot, sucking all CPU.
> > Very annoying.  I can neither ssh in nor out.
>
> There was a bug in the shared libgmp. I am not sure it will fix your problem,
> but it did fix kaffe from coredumping.

As the maintainer of libgmp2, I am a bit disapointed that NMUs are being
made without any notification sent to me.

The current "Official" release of libgmp2 was uploaded by me on Monday of
this week, and is version 2.0.2-2. I have no knowledge of the bug you
speak of, and if you want it to make it into the "mainstream" it would be
a _really_ good idea to let me know.

I'll take a look at your patch and see what I can do.

Luck,

Dwarf