Re: TL2009 development, upstream syncing?

On Do, 06 Aug 2009, Frank Küster wrote:
> But still, I wonder how we should coordinate with upstream
> development. It seems to me that the next step of Debian packaging would
> be to work on the file conflicts, adding Replaces: for moved files.

Yes, that is high on my todo list.

> Norbert, do you expect considerable changes of collection contents in
> TL2009 in the next months? Does it therefore make sense to create new

No, we are already quite close to freezing also upstream, although package
updates will still be done. But we will not move many packages around
anymore.

So it makes sense to start now working on replaces etc.

> upstream versions often? Or can we take the easy way and just work on
> the current upstream tarballs, updating only after the upgrade from 2007
> goes smoothly?

I have a long train ride I want to invest for Debian, so for the weekend
I can prepare new tarballs, and new packages.

But starting from what is there already now is definitely no failure, because
since the last tarballs I made not much real moving around happened.

Best wishes

Norbert

MEMPHIS (n.)
The little bits of yellow fluff which get trapped in the hinge of the
windscreen wipers after polishing the car with a new duster.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff