Re: Installing luatex causes bugs in texdoc

On Do, 31 Jul 2008, Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard wrote:
> Yes, I can do that. The only old env var I am aware of are those of texdoc
> from tl2007 and Frank's texlua version. If there were other env vars before,

Only those env vars from the shell version (tl2007) are important.

> Yes, in Debian. I noticed while using the current Debian lenny version of
> texdoc (for testing purposes) with a new luatex from TL'08 in my PATH: it
> just breaks.  Since I don't know how frequently you update luatex in Debian,
> I preferred warning you.

Thanks, I hope to remember it ... ;-)

> Yes, I almost forgot. This is indeed the right way (unless you want to
> achieve *very* special effects). Moreover, not using arg[-1] as the first
> argument breaks also on GNU platforms with newer versions of kpse (while it
> used to break only on non-GNU platforms before...)

But we don't do that on texconf.tlu, and it works ... so I am bit
surprised?!?!

Best wishes

Norbert

SLUBBERY (n.)
The gooey drips of wax that dribble down the sides of a candle so
beloved by Italian restaurants with Chianti bottles instead of
wallpaper.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff