Re: umlaute not supported any more(?)

Hello Rainer,

This suggestion is not clear to me. Since the LaTeX "umlaute" package never had offered UTF8 encoding, why should I mention it in the documentation? Its just for migration from the old and obsolete umlaute package to the inputenc package, that's all. It's not some kind of documentation of the inputenc package.

Best regards,
Axel