Re: DEBIAN_NOCHECK_TEXMFCNF=1 per default???

> Hi Frank!
>
> What about setting
>  DEBIAN_NOCHECK_TEXMFCNF=1
> per default in texlive-bin rules? I cannot build in on my system due to
> the existence of other texmf.cnf.d snippets (luatex, tex4ht, ...).

That's the reason why I invented DEBIAN_NOCHECK_TEXMFCNF in the first
place, I can't build without neither.

> And who knows what happens on some buildd???

I assumed that on the buildds, no package that depends on TeX will be
persistently installed (there was a time in teTeX 2.0.2 development
where we got FTBFS because the buildds had an outdated texmf.cnf), and
designed the thing exactly for this.  But maybe I'm wrong.

Just set it to 1 as the default.  I'll investigate the situation on the
buildds - we can decide to enable it again later on.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)