Re: dvips35.map disappearing from ls-R after force-purge-then-reinstall of tex-common

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

>> (As a side note, shouldn't this be "rm -rf $TEXMFSYSVARDIR/*"
>> instead?)
>
> Why? This would not let $TEXMFSYSVARDIR (empty directory, or directory
> containing only dotfiles/dotdirs) hanging around.

$ dlocate var/lib/texmf | grep texmf$
tex-common: /var/lib/texmf
tetex-base: /var/lib/texmf
tetex-bin: /var/lib/texmf
tetex-doc: /var/lib/texmf

Maybe we should fix this instead.  But it also seemed safer/nicer to me
not to delete a directory that some other package (e.g. some add-on
package I do not have installed currently) still has registered to dpkg.
And there shouldn't be any dotfiles in it, or we could delete them, too.

(Ah, and there *are* packages that have it registered:

$ findpkg -b var/lib/texmf
unstable
var/lib/texmf/helpindex.html				    doc/tetex-doc
var/lib/texmf/web2c/jtex.pool				    tex/jtex-bin
var/lib/texmf/web2c/mfw.base				    tex/tetex-bin
var/lib/texmf/web2c/multex.pool				    tex/multex-bin

> Hmm, I'm not sure. Now that I understand what is happening, I think
> there is no bug (the problem can't be triggered without using
> --force-depends).
[...]
> So, IMHO, tex-common is ready for upload.

I agree.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster