Re: Registration of Tetex suplied fonts

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 17:12 -0400, Yannick Gingras wrote:
> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> writes:
>
> > BTW, on
> >
> > http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/steffmann/index.htm
> >
> > you will find many black letter fonts of different style that can be
> > readily used.
>
> Wow!
>
> What are the distribution terms on those fonts?  Could we make a
> Debian package for them?

Sorry, I have no idea. Is there some sort of README file in the packages
one can download from there?

> How good are the ttf and type1 fonts made with mftrace?  Is is
> reasonable to think that we could automate the conversion from
> metafont to type1 ?

Depends on the font. If you make use to the automatic postprocessing
with fontforge that mftrace provides, then the fonts aren't bad in most
cases. Not suitable for screen reading, though.

Which fonts do you have in mind? As I said, for the ygoth this has been
done. The difficulty is to get this into a form useable for other
applications but TeX.

cheerio
ralf