Re: [Matthias Faulstich] Re: Installation /Configuration Problem with tetex

Matthias Faulstich <faulstich@elon07.fh-swf.de> wrote:

> + export SHOW_UID_WARNING=true
> + SHOW_UID_WARNING=true
> + exec fmtutil-sys --byfmt latex
> fmtutil-sys: format `latex' not available.

...but we have already found out that there is a correct line for latex
in /etc/texmf/fmt.d/01tetex.cnf.  I never imagined that it might not
find its way into /var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf, the file actually
read by fmtutil-sys.  Could you please check this?

$ grep ^latex /var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf

Should yield

latex		pdfetex		language.dat	-translate-file=cp227.tcx *latex.ini

If it doesn't, please run (as root, as always) update-fmtutil, and try
the grep again.  If it still doesn't give the right output, run

sh -x /usr/sbin/update-fmtutil > update-fmtutil.lg 2>&1

(this time I have really tested the line and not just typed it from the
top of my head, sorry for all the previous mistakes).

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich