Re: Bug in installing tetex-bin_3.0-4_i386.deb?

徐冠鹏 <leo_virgo@263.net> wrote:

> I tried that but the problems are still there. Here
> is the commands I executed, with the full output (Edited
> to fit):
>
> # apt-get --purge remove libkpathsea3 libkpathsea4
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Package libkpathsea3 is not installed, so not removed
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libkpathsea4* tetex-bin* tetex-extra*
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> 2 not fully installed or removed.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 52.1MB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> (Reading database ... 129416 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing tetex-extra ...
> Running updmap-sys. This may take some time. ...
> updmap failed. Output has been stored in
> /tmp/tetex.updmap.XXvnEkuW
> Please include this file if you report a bug.
> dpkg: error processing tetex-extra (--purge):
>  subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 1
> Removing tetex-bin ...
> Purging configuration files for tetex-bin ...
> Removing libkpathsea4 ...
> Purging configuration files for libkpathsea4 ...
>  tetex-extra

So you started from a broken system, probably from your first try to
install teTeX-3.0

[...]
> Removing tetex-base ...
> Purging configuration files for tetex-base ...
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/latex' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map/dvips/ams' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map/dvips/xypic' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map/dvips/tetex' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map/dvips/omega' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map/dvips/misc' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map/dvips' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/map' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf/updmap.d' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/etc/texmf' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/usr/share/texmf/web2c' not empty so not removed.
> dpkg - warning: while removing tetex-base, directory `/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex' not empty so not removed.

You should have removed all those directories and their contents (in the
last, however, some other package might have its files).

> # apt-get -t experimental install tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra tetex-doc
[...]
> Running updmap-sys. This may take some time. ...
> updmap failed. Output has been stored in
> /tmp/tetex.updmap.XXnireoz
> Please include this file if you report a bug.

So again the same error

> # cat /tmp/tetex.updmap.XXnireoz
[...]
> !!! ERROR! The map file `bsr.map' has not been found at all.

Again the same.

> I am sorry to post some unuseful messages, but I think this is
> the clearest way of expressing what had happened.

The error messages are exactly as we like them.  However, I still insist
that it is because you started wrong (with some direct dpkg actions) and
now have a broken system.  I just logged in to a virgin pbuilder chroot,
added the experimental line to sources.list and used the same command as
you:

apt-get -t experimental install tetex-base tetex-bin tetex-extra tetex-doc

It installed without problems.

> What can I do
> now, if I do not want to use source code directly?

Purge again, and _really_ purge.  /etc/texmf, /usr/share/texmf and
/var/lib/texmf should be nonexistent.  If other packages have files in
there (e.g. texinfo), deinstall them first.

Regards,
--
Frank Kuester
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zuerich