Re: Help sought: debian/texlive configuration/interaction with tex-common

Dear Frank, dear friends!

On Fre, 15 Jul 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
> - language.dat, fmtutil.cfg
> 	Until now I haven't though about them, sorry. Ideas?

Some answers and some more questions:

fmtutil.cfg:
	Ok, handled by tex-common, I have to put files into
	/etc/texmf/fmt.d, will do this, forget about it.

language.dat:

Here I have a proposal: What about doing something similar as with
fmtutil with language.dat:

Create /etc/texmf/language.d
put config file snippets into it (handled by ucf)
generate the language.dat file from it

For tetex this would only be one file, for texlive we would have one for
each hyphenation/language (texlive-langXXXX).

Does this make sense?

Best wishes

Norbert

PS: Please don't forget my other questions, thanks a lot.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
in the space-time continuum.'
is he? Is he?'
                 --- Arthur failing in his first lesson of galactic physics
                 --- in four years.