commit diff's from subversion? (was: Subversion move)

Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 07:48:00PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> the subversion repository has been created on Alioth.
>>

>> I've been thinking about how to populate it, and would appreciate your
>> comments:
>>
>> - As for the repository structure, I'd suggest to use the package names
>>   as the toplevel dirs, as in our old CVS repository, and otherwise the
>>   default structure that svn-buildpackage/svn-inject will use. Any
>>   objections?
>
> Sounds eminently sensible.
>
> Also, once the initial import has been done, would we like to have
> commit messages which give the actual diff made?  I think it could be
> useful, except that they might become quite big on occasion.  They've
> certainly helped me with comaintaining devscripts.

Is it possible to get both short commit e-mails containing only the log
message and the affected files (as it is currently with tetex-cvs), and
long mails with diffs?  Then we could create a list on alioth which gets
the diffs - no one would have to subscribe to it, but if a commit seems
interesting, the diff is just a click away.

If this is not possible, I think all the lurkers here on the list should
speak up.  I certainly don't mind getting a bunch of big mails, ready
for filtering into a specific directory.  But not everybody on the list
might share this opinion.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster