tetex in experimental and Type 1 fonts

Hi,

On friday or saturday I saw that there's a new tetex-bin and kpathsea in
experimental, so I installed them. Until today I had no problem using
the experimental packages of tetex.

Today I created a PDF document by running a LaTeX document through
pdflatex. The fonts of the resulting document looked ugly in xpdf so I
tested it in acroread and saw that the document used Type 3 fonts, until
today the resulting PDF always used Type 1 fonts. I never had to select
this manually.

As I didn't find a bug report or a thread in the mailing lists I'd like
now to ask whether this is a new "feature" and I have to get used to it,
or this is a real bug. If this isn't the right list to ask, feel free to
tell me the appropriate place. If you answer, please CC me as I am not
subscribed to this list. Below you can find a sample document.

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\begin{document}

\title{Test document}
\author{test}