Re: Funny extra .need_me files in tetex-base

Hi!

Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:

> Files in second set of .debs but not in first
> /usr/share/doc/texmf/fonts/gothic/suet.pdf.gz
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/afm/hoekwater/context/.need_me
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/monotype/helvetic/.need_me
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/monotype/symbol/.need_me
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/monotype/timesnew/.need_me
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/adobe/utopia/.need_me
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/monotype/helvetic/.need_me
> /usr/share/texmf/fonts/vf/monotype/timesnew/.need_me

I don't know why they appeared in your -8 and weren't in -7, but I can
point you to this link:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-tetex-maint/2004/06/msg00054.html

where Atsuhito explaines why these files were used. From the replies to
this post, it seems to me they were subject to be dropped, but since you
encountered them today, maybe this has not happened...

And what about /usr/share/doc/texmf/fonts/gothic/suet.pdf.gz? Is it
normal for it to appear here? And... have the problems with the CVS
repositories been really fixed eventually?

--
Florent