Re: Another way to deal with the Font Map Problem

Hi,

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Since the postinst script is called with option purge after dpkg has
> finished its work, the postinst (or rather dtetex-manage-fontmap-cfg (we
> don't need the trailing -files, do we?)) can check whether the file is
> still there and disable only then.

I agree on both points.

> By the way, it is right that dpkg sometimes doesn't delete conffiles on
> purge, but as far as I can see this always involves a bug in maintainer
> scripts.

I was thinking of something like the admin chmoding or even chattring
the conffiles... Of course, that could be classified as a user error,
but I think it would still be better to do the check you suggested above
at purge time and remove the entry only if the conffile has been
successfully deleted.

> I think this is a really good idea. It is much simpler in implementation
> than what you originally proposed - I have tried to provide
> /var/lib/tetex/ (and a README file therein) in my experimental
> tetex-base package, and it turned out to be even more complex than for
> just one package having its own directory.

I see.

> Post-sarge, yes, in the sense that it won't be included in tetex-2.0.2
> for sarge. But not in the sense that you may lean back and wait for
> sarge to be released before you start coding ;-). I would be very much
> oblidged to you if you could provide such a scheme for the experimental
> packages in preparation.

'kay... I'll have a look at it.

PS: I have an important lag when receiving mail from the Debian
    mailing-lists. Is it a general problem, or one at my ISP?

    	by murphy.debian.org (Postfix) with ESMTP id 9C1FD2DE29
    	for <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>; Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:39:45 -0600 (CST)

--
Florent