Re: problem installing bullseye..

On 6/24/21 11:45 PM, John Watts wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 23:06:25 +0300
> Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz> wrote:
>
>  Hi John,
>
>  the problem could be with Nvidia driver (nouveau) if that is the case
>  then you can try to install proprietary Nvidia video driver.
>
>  Kind regards
>  Georgi
>
> Hi Georgi,
>
> I can't get to that stage, the bullseye operating system won't boot.  I
> have been using nouveau in Buster and it works well enough for my
> uses.  So far, I think I have missed something or else there is a
> problem in the "testing" netinst.iso at this point.

Hi John,

use Debian installer in "Expert mode" and after installation of all
packages (including desktop environment) run a shell, it's a menu item.

Your new system will be located in /target folder so run

# chroot /target

and then mount /proc

# mount proc /proc -t proc

and then install Nvidia proprietary driver

# apt install nvidia-driver

After driver installation unmount proc file system

# umount /proc

and exit from the shell with double exit

# exit
# exit

After that select "Finish installation" menu item from the list.

Kind regards
Georgi