Re: possibility of rolling back.

2012-03-29 22:08, dE . skrev:
As a solution, I was look at the possibility of having multiple versions
of the same package in the tree; i.e. during an update, the package
maintainer will not remove the old uploads, but insert a new updated
version. That way, if a user encounters bugs he can simply report the
bug, roll back, and continue using testing in peace.

I like the idea, and I _think_ (I have not tried it systematically) it is solved by <http://snapshot.debian.org>.

As an example, you can compare the list of versions of liferea:

Debian archive: <http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/liferea.html>
Snapshots: <http://snapshot.debian.org/binary/liferea/>

The introduction is available at <http://snapshot.debian.org/>

The snapshot archive was previously an unofficial service, but some time ago it was made official and moved to debian.org.

I am not sure how nicely it is handled by your package manager.

/ johan