Re: why is sarge "minimal" intall so huge compared to woody?

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 03:24:32AM +0000, Joao Clemente wrote:
> Hi.
Hiya,

[...]
> This is what I'm refering as "minimal install". In woody I would have a
> minimal install around 100MB or so (I would have about 70-80MB in /usr).
> Same thing in sarge will get me about 300MB in /usr only.. I see I get
> things like gcc right "out-of-the-box", that are increasing this
> "minimal install" size... Was there a reason for this increase of
> packages in the minimal install or it just happened to stay this way
> because ? Anyone knows?
Wasn't gcc installed in the same type of woody configuration?  I
believe it was.  (At least, if you ran dselect after the install, and
allowed it to do what it wanted).

But I, too, seem to recall that woody was about 100MB (or was that
before dselect?).

Could you send me a list of packages off list?  dpkg --get-selections
or some such; I'm curious about what's installed and what might be
different.

Justin