	Van: Prashant kumar [mailto:prashkr@cse.iitk.ac.in]
	Verzonden: zo 24-10-2004 20:00
	Aan: debian-testing@lists.debian.org
	CC:
	Onderwerp: logchek failing[Failed to get lockfile: /var/lock/logcheck.lock]

	Hi all
	Following is the message I get from logcheck whenever it runs , I tried
	google but could not find much useful.
	Any help will be highly appreciated.
	TIA
	Prashant
	 Messaghe from logcheck :

	Subject: Logcheck: kiwi 2004-10-24 22:02 exiting due to errors

	Warning: If you are seeing this message, your log files may not have been
	checked!

	Details:
	Failed to get lockfile: /var/lock/logcheck.lock

	Check temporary directory:

	declare -x HOME="/var/lib/logcheck"
	declare -x LANG="en_US"
	declare -x LOGNAME="logcheck"
	declare -x MAILTO="root"
	declare -x OLDPWD
	declare -x
	PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin"
	declare -x PWD="/var/lib/logcheck"
	declare -x SHELL="/bin/sh"