Unidentified subject!

hi
i am a newbie and am using debian(knoppix3.3),i would like to ask few queries:
1) can the kernel be altogether changed with a new kernel? like linux to use kernel-2.6.3,what is the way to do it? what sequence of commands?
2) i am trying to install octave with kpackage(apt=get) but get an error-'result 100' and the package doesn't install.there's a '?' icon infront of octave.i am not able to uninstall it also?
3) can i install rpms of fedora linux on debian?what command to install rpm onto debian?

can somebody please guide me.thanks in anticipation.

regards
samkupar
using linux has improved a part of me,for sure.

Thank you for choosing LinuxQuestions.
http://www.linuxquestions.org