Invalid X acceleration

I am running woodyon a Dell Latitude laptop. It has a Neomagic NM2160
graphic chip. At installation time, the correct Driver entry in
XFree86Config-4 was created. But there were some display errors. After
investigation, I found out that I need to disable one specific
acceleration: XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill.
I have two questions:
1) Would it be possible that we maintain a list of such X driver options
to add it automatically to the XFree86Config-4? Does it exist?
2) Should I file a bug report for a debian package? Directly at XFree86?

Daniel