Re: problems in upgrade

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 08:28:47AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> 5) Perl upgrade blows chunks.  Here's what I did (note that this
>    whopping lose happened first, before the items above):
>
> a) Repoint servers.list to woody
> b) apt-get update
> c) apt-get upgrade

We tend to use apt-get dist-upgrade to go from one release to another,
and apt-get upgrade to upgrade within a single release. Differences
are listed in the manpage for apt-get, but it might have gotten you
better results.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu