Potato CD Install Report

Received installation CD's last Friday.

System configuration:
Hardware: Gateway 2000 P-133
Ram: 64mb
Disks: 1.0gb IDE, 1.6gb IDE, 1.6gb SCSI - Target disk 1.5gb SCSI
SCSI adapter: AHA1542
CD: IDE
BIOS: AMIBIOS 1.00.03.CN0T

BIOS does not recognize CD.  Booted from rescue.bin & root.bin.
Mounted root & swap partitions, used new ext2 filesystem features.
System now recognized CD and installed drivers from CD.
Loaded 3c509 driver and configured TCP/IP.
Base system loaded OK from CD onto SCSI drive.
Created boot floppy.
Rebooted OK from floppy.
When queried about installing pre-selected packages, I answered Y.
System then retrieved package lists from debian.org across the network.
I was expecting the package lists
to be retrieved from CD.
When Debian Task Installer v0.1 screen appears, it is blank with no
packages listed.
Exit Debian Task Installer by pressing "q".
After exit, normal dselect menu is displayed, however, CD will not
mount.
I managed to manually mount CD then continue with dselect.

On a previous install attempt, I did not configure TCP/IP and the
pre-selection failed because it could not access debian.org.