Re: please test x86 laptop boot with 2.1.8

On 1 Mar 1999, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

 :
 : If anyone has a laptop, please test the 2.1.8 boot-floppies.  We
 : pretty radically changed the tecra images AFAIK.  I would like to know
 : whether we are having any progress for the (toshiba, thinkpad) laptop
 : users who have been having problems.

I've got a Thinkpad 390.  The 2.1.8tecra rescue disk boots fine, appears
to deal with the hardware that's present, lets me fdisk the drive, etc.

Getting PCMCIA support to work is another story, but I suspect operator
error is involved.  I'll keep trying as time permits.

A colleague just installed on a TP 380D w/ 2.1.8tecra disks - I believe
he's up and running right now.  I'll cc: him in the event he wants toi
add further commentary ...

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD