aic7xx SCSI driver problem

     I had been on the debian-testing list for some time and have not
had
the courage to break in to the fray and contribute something of value.

     After reading the message from lauri@etf.ee regarding aic7xx
problems
with version 2.1.8 slink boot disks, I decided to attempt an upgrade at
home
where I have both a 2940uw PCI adapter and a aha2840 VESA adapter.  They
both
hung after the "Downloading sequencer code.  410 instructions
downloaded"
message.

     I attempted to build a resc1440 disk with a 2.2.0 kernel which I am
now
using.  It boots ok but I lose the keyboard when entering the
installation
menu.

     Hope this provides some help.  I plan on being more active on the
next
release.