Re: Bylaws in English

Hi there!

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:03:47 +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> On 24/02/12 09:23, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>> as promised I have clarified if the bylaws could be in English.
>>
>> Therefor I have asked Pascal Felchlin from the circuit court Zurich
>> and he confirmed that it is of course possible to have English bylaws,
>> only.

Thanks, Marcus.

>> So Daniel, could you please ask your friend if she could help us
>> translating them?
>>

> I've asked her if she can comment on the situation or refer us to anyone
> who does this type of legal work for non-profit organisations.

Thanks, Daniel.

> I had a look at the bylaws on the website last night, I think particular
> attention should be made to document the relationship with Software in
> the Public Interest, Inc.  This may require a separate document,
> possibly a `trust deed'.
>
> It would be interesting to know if anyone has made a comparison of the
> legal documents with the similar organisations in the UK and other
> countries?

AFAIK no, but yesterday I forgot to say that at FOSDEM I was approached
by Debian France, which is currently *not* a Debian Trusted Organization
<http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution#item-9>, but it would like to
become one.  Thus, they asked me about a French version of the bylaws as
a starting point for theirs.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca