Re: [Debconf13-ch] Next steps in the Bid process (report from the Debconf Team meeting)

On 21.01.2012 21:23, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:

What we should do now (IMHO):
- Answer the network connectivity question

- Negotiate with Vaumarcus about the food prices.

Maybe we should have two options: standard food, and a low-budget food (to reassure debconf-team, if we cannot get enough sponsors).

Anyway, we are not much expensive that Latvia on food + accommodation + venue.

Additionally we included transportation costs from airports (BTW not all people will ask for sponsorship). Note Latvia bid has this sentence: "Nearby (45 min flight or 2 hour ferry + 4 hour bus) HEL airport services even more airports and has connections to/from Asia and USA"

I think the global transportation costs are much more cheaper in our bid. I just noticed that TGV + bus is enough for Paris, I think also from Germany it will be cheaper to use only the train.

So maybe we should stress on global transport costs.

ciao
	cate

- See if we can get any early sponsorship promises.
- Answer as good as we can any questions on the list that might come up?

Who is going to take care of one of these items? Anything else we should
do until the next meeting? Any comments from the other meeting attendees?

Gaudenz

P.S.: I'll have only limited network access until next Saturday.