Re: Debian Cloud Sprint Seattle

Hi Zach,

Thanks for proposing this sprint! It is more than needed.

On 11/08/2016 19:26, Zach Marano wrote:
> Hi, We're ready to go ahead with a sprint focused on Debian in the Cloud
> hosted in Seattle.
>
> I am still working on some details and a more detailed agenda. Tentatively, I
> am looking at November 2-4. I also need some guidance regarding reserving a
> meeting room. How do other organizers go about this?

As Lucas noted, we usually rely on Debian-friendly organizations to host our
meetings or other facilities who can offer co-working spaces as part of the
accommodation (like the LinuxHotel in Germany, but this can be arranged with
regular hotels as well I guess).

> I created the following wiki entry as a start:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2016/DebianCloudNov2016
>
> As for attendees, I would like to make sure we include everyone from the
> debian-cloud list, debian-cd list, and make special attention to invite
> Debian involved contributors from other Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure,
> etc...).

Were potential attendees polled about the dates and location that would work
the best for them? For example, as a volunteer organization, we heavily rely
on volunteers. The proposed dates are during working days. So this may be an
obstacle for some contributors. Also, was the choice of location based on a
list of potential attendees?

Regards,

--
Mehdi