Re: PC Soundcard under Debian/Sparc

Stefan Steimann wrote:
Hi Folks,
I got a Sun Enterprise 450 an want to install a sound option in this
machine ;)
The original soundoption is very rare, so I decided to install a
standard pc soundcard (Creative SB Live! or something similar).
Question: Has the Sparc Distribution of Debian proper drivers or ist
there any solution  to get a pc soundcard running under Debian/Sparc?
Best regards Stefan Steimann

Hi

I've got E450 with SoundBlaster vibra128 pci installed and it's working fine. You just need to enable alsa support for your kernel and install necessary packages for alsa. You may also need to tweak pci latencies if the sound is buggy.

-Timo