Re: Must I have the file "sys/io.h" ???

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 05:08:20PM -0300, Miguel da Silva wrote:
> Hello everybody ... I?m using Debian 3.0 in a SPARCstation 4 (110MHz) and I downloaded the GGI lib some minutes ago and compiled it (in fact, it?s being compiled right now...) and everything seems to work. But I have doubt ... other things I tried do compiled failed and a message related to the file sys/io.h appeared. I used the find command I found 3 files wich name is io.sys:
>
> /usr/include/asm/io.h
> /usr/include/asm-sparc/io.h
> /usr/include/asm-sparc64/io.h
>
> So ... I guess that sys/io.h isn?t too much important, am I wrong? And also ... what is the function of this file?

sys/io.h is specific to certain types of hardware. Mainly it is meant to
access I/O ports like printers and serial ports on x86 style hardware
(and also alpha, since it is heavily the same as x86 designwise).

In short, you wont find that file on much else that is non-i386, because
it is useless to do so.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/