Re: kernal-source package for sparc?

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 06:02:00PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> You have to support that ones caused by your patches :)
>
> You can't expect me to field bug reports caused by patches that I didn't
> create. Users can surely expect you to field bugs caused by the patches
> you allow into your package though.

Well unless there is some way for me to determine that there aren't
patches in your source package that are needed on top of the upstream
kernel source, then I can't support your architecture.

I can't support any architecture that don't build out-of-the-box
with the upstream source.

Of course, if the kernel.org source tar ball builds, and the Debian
kernel-source does not, then you can file a bug against it.

But that is obviously not the case here with the bug that started
this thread.