Re: procps doesn't buildd - /lib versus /lib64

Craig writes:

>>> You could probably just remove the echo so lib64 = lib.
>>> This would work for the debian package, but if someone
>>> wanted a 64 libproc they would have to hack around your
>>> hack, but that probably isn't too bit of an issue.
>>
>> The above line is just totally broken. Every sparc buildd has
>> libc6-sparc64 installed because of build-essential deps.
>
> I thought it looked a bit sick myself.  It looks like by
> default it builds a normal libproc.so and so it should go
> into /lib If this is not the case someone speak up NOW
> because I'm going to make the required changes in the
> next few days.

OK: DO NOT DO THIS

>> If you want a 64-bit libproc (and I do), then it needs
>> to do like libncurses does and do two builds.
>
> I'll consider that a wishlist.  If someone gives me a patch,
> if only to set the magical gcc flags to make a 64-bit libproc,
> it will have more chance of becoming reality.

The procps-3.2.0 code should build a 64-bit libproc
if your gcc supports -m64 and you have a 64-bit
ncurses library installed. The procps library then
goes in /lib64 if you have it, or /lib otherwise.

All of the above is BEYOND DISGUSTING of course;
the Alpha port got this right many years ago.
The a.out-to-ELF transition was done right too.
Come on people: /usr/sparc32-linux/lib/*