Sun Blade1500 Debian or not?

Hello,
I have here a SUN Blade 1500 with XVR-100, 512MB RAM, ....standard for
this machine (include SUNPCI3).
Solaris 9 isn't available for this machine yet, so I want to use a
System, where I can use the peformance of this machine.
Does anyone uses this machine with Debian?
What can be the problems?
Is it possible to use SUN-Software (like the SUNpci software)?

I want to use a linux (better: linux distribution) to be able to
administrate this machine, because Solaris 8 is very strange in some
situation.

I read the list-archive, only found something about older models, but
nothing about this machine? What is about the pcild? One person said, if
this is not running, the fans are stopping? Is this right?

Hope to find my answers urgently, to use the sunday for installing *g*

Thanks

Daniel Seichter