Re: XFree86 on Sunblade 150

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 23:42, Kent West wrote:
> Ryan Terry (MessEdUp) wrote:
> > I am trying to configure X on a SunBlade 150.
> >
> > I am using the ati Mach64 server, and it is working enough to where I
> > can get a desktop and I can set my resolution, and see things just fine.
> >
> > The problem I have is that the top 2 inches of the screen seem to "bend"
> > to the right about a half inch.   Other than this the X-Server seems to
> > be running well.
> >
> > I have drawn up a VERY dirty sketch of what the screen looks like just
> > to try to explain, it can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.violentsin.com/images/X-Distoreted.png
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What you've described/drawn sounds like less of an X problem and more of
> an adjustment problem on the monitor. You should be able to use the
> buttons on the monitor to adjust out the bend.
>
> Of course, if that messes up the console image, then I'm wrong.
> (Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong; there was that time in 1974....)

Normally a monitor saves the settings for earch resolution, try the following:
change the width of your screen in X switch to console and everything will
look normally (if the resolution/refresh rate between console and X differ
offcourse) than switch back to X and look at the tiny screen.
Unless if you have an old mechanical monitor where you should manually replace
your magnets :D this won't work in that case.

--
http://www.de-brauwer.be