RE: X +xinerama

Kent, these is my output of the xdpyinfo without the xinerama but with the
same configuration,
the dimensions and default deph for the two heads are the same.

I read about the xinerama, but I am confused....

--------------
name of display:    :0.1
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The XFree86 Project, Inc
vendor release number:    40201001
XFree86 version: 4.2.1.1
maximum request size:  4194300 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, MSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    MSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 132
focus:  window 0x2800003, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    27
    BIG-REQUESTS
    DEC-XTRAP
    DOUBLE-BUFFER
    DPMS
    Extended-Visual-Information
    FontCache
    GLX
    LBX
    MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
    MIT-SHM
    MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
    RECORD
    SECURITY
    SGI-GLX
    SHAPE
    SYNC
    TOG-CUP
    XC-APPGROUP
    XC-MISC
    XFree86-Bigfont
    XFree86-DGA
    XFree86-Misc
    XFree86-VidModeExtension
    XInputExtension
    XKEYBOARD
    XTEST
    XVideo
default screen number:    1
number of screens:    2

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (347x260 millimeters)
  resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
  depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
  root window id:    0x47
  depth of root window:    24 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x20
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
  largest cursor:    64x64
  current input event mask:    0x5a007f
    KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           ButtonPressMask

    ButtonReleaseMask        EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask

    PointerMotionMask        StructureNotifyMask      SubstructureNotifyMask

    SubstructureRedirectMask PropertyChangeMask
  number of visuals:    4
  default visual id:  0x23
  visual:
    visual id:    0x23
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x24
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x25
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x26
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits

screen #1:
  dimensions:    1024x768 pixels (347x260 millimeters)
  resolution:    75x75 dots per inch
  depths (2):    24, 8
  root window id:    0x49
  depth of root window:    24 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
  default colormap:    0x38
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16711422
  largest cursor:    64x64
  current input event mask:    0x5a007f
    KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           ButtonPressMask

    ButtonReleaseMask        EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask

    PointerMotionMask        StructureNotifyMask      SubstructureNotifyMask

    SubstructureRedirectMask PropertyChangeMask
  number of visuals:    7
  default visual id:  0x3e
  visual:
    visual id:    0x3e
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x3f
    class:    TrueColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x40
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x41
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x42
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x43
    class:    GrayScale
    depth:    8 planes
    available colormap entries:    256
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  visual:
    visual id:    0x44
    class:    StaticGray
    depth:    8 planes