Re: [Re: [Xpert]Re: [Re: Screen blanking/DPMS with Sun Ultra1]]

fmccor <fmccor@patriot.net> wrote:

>   Thanks for the pointer.  My particular case (not the original post)
> is the same problem with a Creator3D (driver=sunffb).  Would you have
> an idea what it's offset might be?

No idea whatsoever. Grep around in /usr/include or /usr/platform
on a Solaris-installed system and perhaps there are valuable bits
in there.

>   Or, if the obscure header is part of the Solaris distribution, I
> have it and must have missed it while trying to go through the Solaris
> headers looking for likely names or strings.  Could you tell me what
> it is?

I was looking in /usr/platform/sun4m/include/pmcreg.h and pmcvar.h
for CG6 and BW2 info, as I am doing a bit of power management work.

> What doesn't work is any sort of DPMS power management, even though
> Solaris knows how (so it is possible).

Take a look at the CPR header files in Solaris, or the headers
for the respective devices-- that is the best I can suggest.