Issues on Blade100: XFree86 and audio

Hi, all.

I've got woody running on a new Blade, but I'm having problems getting
my system to jive.  I've got two problems.

The first is XFree86, from the xfree86 4.0.3-4 package.

When I run XFree86, the whole machine freezes after the FB module loads:

  (II) FBDev: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
  (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libfbdevhw.a

Besides the freezing process, XFree does not actually report any errors.

I'm using a home-built 2.4.7 kernel; this is what my dmesg looks like:

  atyfb: 3D RAGE (XL) [0x4752 rev 0x27] 8M SDRAM, 29.498928 MHz XTAL, 230 MHz PLL, 120 Mhz MCLK
  Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x64
  fb0: ATY Mach64 frame buffer device on PCI

Although this error happens with the woody kernel-image-2.4.5-sun4u
package as well, with an identical dmesg.  I'm not sure if this is a
kernel or XF86 problem, however.

I've heard reports of others getting X to work on a Blade.  Any
ideas?

Also, I cannot get any sound out of this machine.  I've got sparc audio
compiled in, with the CS4231 low-level driver, but I get this error
message when I play some audio:

Warning: Couldn't init SDL audio: No available audio device

I do not see any mention of audio in the dmesg.  And the sparc audio
page seems to be a bit dated: http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/sparcaudio.html

Thanks for any input.

--
Jason Smith