Packages.gz and gnome

Hi,

I'm thinking about grabing all October gnome debian sources for slink and
compiling it on my SPARCstation 4 (which will probably take a relatively
small number of years). After that I intend on adding a line to my
/etc/apt/sources.list pointing to the location of the packages. So here
are my questions.

First, is there a script that take all .orig.tar.gz, .diff and .dsc in a
single directory and create all the packages?

Second, what is the directory structure that apt expects to find and how
do I create the Packages.gz and Release files?

I understand the last question is probably an RTFM issue, in this case
what documentation should I be reading?

	[]'s Leo