Re: audio?

Wow, dude, take another pill or something. :)  I thought I was being
helpful, I didn't expect to be hammered.

Anyway, if you need something to work and it's critical for you, port it
yourself.  Or feel free to take on the role of package manager.  You could
file bug reports if you like.  Here is a good place, the debian ports
website could be better.  Put in the package name as well as what your
problem is.  There is also an audio faq.

Most of the issues are big endian / little endian issues.  Freeamp for
example works because it can deal with that. Freeamp however fails on crap
MP3's where others do a better job.  If an audio file was made on
a sparc, it'll work fine by catting it to /dev/dsp.

It also might be helpful to know what kind of sparc you have.  If you got
something really cheesy dosn't expect much.  I personally won't recomned
audio on anything lower then a ss5.  But i'm sure there are others here
who think it's fine on older machines.

--Chris