Re: New XFree86 and (Re: autobuilder...glibc 2.1...egcs 1.1.2)

On Sat, Apr 24, 1999 at 12:42:30PM -0400, Steve Dunham wrote:
> Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
>
> > In case you haven't noticed, I've setup an autobuilder for sparc and
> > have compiled some 500+ packages over the past few days. We were
> > initially at onl 53% sync with potato, we are not slightly over 89%.
> > There are a few more gnome packages I need to get out. I am going to
> > post failed builds here for you people to take a look at if you desire.
> > Send the relevant patches to the package maintainer and buildd will
> > pick it up on the next upload.
>
> Which gnome packages?  I have been rebuilding the gnome 1.0 packages
> in the staging area.

Just a few apps that had compile problems, seemingly from glibc 2.0/2.1
incompatibilies.

> Also, I've compiled the prerelease of the update of XFree86 for slink
> (3.3.2.3a-11pre12v1) with a patch added to fix the /dev/fb* problems,
> it can be found at:

Excellent

> I'll try the libc packages too.  You were also working on an a sparc64
> compiler, right?  What's the status on that.  If egcs 1.1.2 can
> correctly compile the sparc64 kernel I'd rather use it than the
> current egcs64 package (which gets internal errors on the 3com
> driver).

I uploaded a newer one to unstable a bit ago. Presumably the egcs 1.1.2
does not compile sparc64 kernels. When the mainline egcs package can do
this, we should just be able to compiled with --with-cpu=ultrasparc and
get a dual target gcc right with a default of -m32 (-m64 must be
specified) right?

> Also, some people may have found this out already, the sparc64
> platform does not run libc5 packages unless you use the ld.so from
> UltraPenguin.  I will port the patches when I find some time.  This
> problem is only relevent to people trying to build altgcc packages on
> UltraSparc systems.  (We essentially need a different version of the
> dynamic loader on sun4u machines.)

Yes yes yes! I really need to be able to run the libc5 java.

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>                        Debian GNU/Linux
OpenLDAP Dev - bcollins@openldap.org     The Choice of the GNU Generation