RE: GPG errors from apt update

> I had debian-archive-keyring installed already.  I still get
> the error.  But it is sporadic -- usually if I wait a few
> hours or switch direct to klecker (or back if klecker gives
> the error) (or to and from ftp.us and the frontiernet mirror)
> and try update again, it is fine, without any changes to keys
> on my part.
>
> I realize this resembles an old issue that is easily
> dismissed, but it is different from that problem, which was
> reported in January and which I fixed then by installing
> debian-archive-keyring and it worked for a long time.
> These sporadic errors started mid-June of this year.  What's going on?

I hear you.  I have been trying to get someone to pay attention too.

To test this, I just deleted all of my keys with apt-key, removed
the debian-keyring and debian-archive-keyring packages, reinstalled
those packages (said 2006 key was imported), then tried apt-get update.

This time, the sporadic nature of the problem is clearly demonstrated.
I have ftp.us stable, testing and unstable + security stable and testing
in my sources.list.  I only got 1 error:

W: GPG error: http://ftp.us.debian.org testing Release: The following
signatures were invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive
Automatic Signing Key (2006) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

But then, I tried apt-get update about 5 minutes later with NO CHANGES
and
got these erorrs:

Failed to fetch
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/binary-i386/PackagesI
ndex  MD5Sum mismatch
Failed to fetch
http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/contrib/binary-i386/Packag
esIndex  MD5Sum mismatch
Reading package lists... Done
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org
testing/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i
386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org
testing/contrib Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_contrib_binar
y-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org
testing/main Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i
386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list http://ftp.us.debian.org
testing/contrib Packages
(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_contrib_binar
y-i386_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)

So, will someone take this seriously?

Mark

PLEASE IGNORE THE CORPORATE SIGNATURE BELOW.  THE PUBLIC IS THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT(S).

may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.