Re: encrpyt harddrive without passphrase/userinput

Hello,

Am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2006 22:11 schrieb Mario Ohnewald:
> Hello security list!
>
> I would like to secure the harddrive/partitions of linux box.
>
> The whole setup must fulfill the following requirements:
>
> a) it must be able to boot (remotely) without userinput/passphrase
> b) the importtant partitions such as /etc, /var, /usr and /home must be
> encrypted/protected.
>
> Is this even possible? Is there a way?

Can you be more verbose please?
What information do you try to protect?
If you want to encrypt something, you need some kind of secret. This can
either be generated randomly (pro: no input, cons: Information vanishes on
reboot) or supplied elsewhere. Keyboard input, network, external media, etc.

Keep smiling
yanosz