Re: using sarge on production machines

    Florian> Running unreleased software on production systems is a
    Florian> touchy issue.  Most system administrators simply won't
    Florian> admit it.

We've started running sarge on at least one new internal production
server - its a new backup/archive system and is not 100% in production
yet, bits of it are but not all. Apparently it was setup painlessly
although I'm not sure how it was installed whether using cfengine
which we use for nearly all systems our hand installed then cfengine'd
afterwards.

I also think sarge will be used more and more over the next few weeks
and months whether it is released or not, certainly where security is
not such a big issue.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/