Re: Why not push to stable?

also sprach Phillip Hofmeister <plhofmei@antiochcomputerconsulting.com> [2004.06.26.1531 +0200]:
> As strange as it may seem, some people may not.

Weird souls...

> By following your suggestion we would be forcing this behavior on
> them.  People use Debian (partially) because they like the wide
> range of control it offers them. If you take away some of that
> control then it diminishes the reason why some ppl prefer Debian.

I guess. But shouldn't the installer then also ask whether it should
install Debian normally, or provide services like rexec, finger, and
others by default? I mean, after all, some users may *want* to run
an insecure system...

Note that I am not trying to undermine or criticise or change the
Debian security policy. I just want to understand it.

`. `'`