Re: Major TCP Vulnerability

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 14:29, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> Has anyone heard about this? this article has no details ... appologies
> for the post's data-mining ... I'm still looking for other references.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A27403-2004Apr20.html

SSDD, Same Stuff, Different Decade

This Vulnerability is ancient news, and it is not really a
Vulnerability.

What happens if the route goes dead? Same effect.

Overloading a router with too many MAC addresses(overflow) has a similar
effect, when the router re-inits. Another thing with the same effect.

I don't quite understand this. Poisoning BGP would be more effective.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup