Re: ps warning message

On 30/03/04 18:50, s. keeling wrote:

Incoming from Costas Magkos:
I am running woody on a SPARCstation 10 with kernel from testing:

# uname -a
Linux foo 2.4.24-sparc32 #1 Fri Jan 30 16:04:55 EST 2004 sparc unknown

When I run ps I get the following two lines before the actual output.

# ps ax
{iommu_get_scsi_sgl_pflush} {___f_mmu_get_scsi_sgl}
Warning: /boot/System.map-2.4.24-sparc32 does not match kernel data.

Does anyone know how severe is this warning? How can I eliminate it?

I used to see something like that back in the 2.0 kernels.  It was a
harmless bug then.  I imagine recompiling your kernel, or installing
a binary kernel package, would squash it.

I doubt debian-security is the right place for this.
I've tried debian-sparc before posting here, but got no reply. Sorry for the inconvenience. :-)

And, btw, do you
know about lists.debian.org, where you can search the mailing list
archives?

Ok, I will, thanx.

~kmag