Re: DSA 438 - bad server time, bad kernel version or information delayed?

Greetings,

Am Samstag, 21. Februar 2004 01:10 schrieb Matt Zimmerman:
..

> CERT rarely has anything to do with coordinating disclosure, and there is
> no need to bring them into this discussion at all.  The coordination that
> happens is between vendors, like Debian, as peers.
>
> Those last two cases are equivalent.  Think about it.

In the theory of capitalism, competition between vendors is the main aspect of
going futher in development.
As in every day capitalism, faster and cheaper is not always better - but if a
product is well developed and reaches a high quality it might also be better
- it's the balance that counts.

Thus, won't be a little more competition between the vendors better for
security at all?
I know, that the flow of information between the vendors is really important
and should not be stopped - but bigger effords in coding and testing should
be hounored.

Keep smiling
yanosz