Re: How To Set Up Mail-out-only System ?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 01:41:13AM +0000, Nick Boyce wrote:
I've just set up a "secure" (you know .. more than usual) Debian system, and want to arrange things so that it can send mail out when necessary (in case anything happens that it thinks I should know about) but is *not* constantly listening for incoming mail.

Is there a best way of doing this ?

comment out the line in inetd.conf and remove any S20exim links in
/etc/rc?.d. Removing the S links is the proper way to keep a service
from running in debian; the link removal is preserved across upgrades.

Mike Stone