Announcing 'cryptofs' Alioth project for encrypted file systems

Hi!

This mail is to announce the new Alioth project 'cryptofs' where people
interested in encrypted file systems and swap space on Debian systems can
collaborate and discuss. Some ideas:

 * Making the use of encrypted file systems on Debian "easy" by
   working on the integration, writing support scripts and ideally
   good documentation for the user.

 * Adding support for encrypted file systems to debian-installer. This
   could be done as partman module 'partman-cryptofs' for creating
   encrypted partitions and swap space (30% done)

 * Trying to get changes integrated upstream wherever possible and
   working with other Debian maintainers to resolve the few outstanding
   issues with encrypted file systems.

 * Discussing implementation details

The Alioth project page: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/cryptofs/

for support and general discussion to which you can subscribe here: