2.4.18-bf2.4 version confusion, patches?

hi I am new to the list.

and sometimes it seems to me that I am new to debian too ;)

I am very much confused about the names of the kernels and I am not sure
if 2.4.18-bf2.4 is still a secure kernel or not.

what I have found out lately:
the bf24 variant of the 2.4.18 kernel is only good for installation.
after that you should change it to an other kernel.
an the package is not installed and so not upgraded if security risks
arise.

now:
I run 2.4.18-bf2.4 on all my machines. I am a lazy guy and want to stick
with my kernel because it runs just fine.

my question:
If I install the kernel image package 2.4.18-bf2.4 will the kernel be
secure, if my apt/sources contains security.debien.org.
(apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-bf2.4)

will it be a pached one? specially against dsa-403
bf 2.4 is not listed her :( http://www.debian.org/security/2003/dsa-403

how can I check if my kernel is secure?

thanks a lot

kuene